We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent
communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates
should be able to assist the Port’s leadership and all visitors
to the Conneaut Port Authority by handling office tasks,
providing polite and professional assistance in person or via
phone, mail, and e-mail, and generally being a helpful and
positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates
should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being
accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive,
willing to meet each challenge directly. The Administrative
assistant must be comfortable with computers, general office
tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most
importantly, the administrative assistant should have a
genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
* Confidentiality is absolutely critical when dealing with personnel,
finances, lease agreements, contracts and negotiations that
involve the Conneaut Port Authority.
* Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and
presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
* Responsible for records retention compliance.
* Must understand public accounting practices and procedures.
* Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments,
including meetings, at office and offsite locations and preventing
* Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate
* Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from
meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
* Understand and be able to use online banking programs, Excel,
Word, Email, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks.
* Attend monthly Board of Directors Meetings and take notes and
* Greet and assist visitors.
* Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-
mail, mail and in-person.
* Anticipate the needs of others to ensure a seamless and positive
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
* Associate degree in a related field or vocational training, “or”
Documented Prior administrative experience.
* Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
* Attention to detail.
* Either be, or willing to become, a Notary Public.
* Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for
* Prior Port Authority, marina, local, county or state government
experience is a plus.
Administrative Assistant Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Once per month: 6:00PM – 8:00 PM (Board of Directors
June, July, August, and September every other Saturday 9:00
AM – 1:00 PM
Off work the month of December
o New Years Day
o Martin Luther King Day
o Memorial Day
o Independence Day
o Labor Day
o Thanksgiving Day
o Christmas Day
$15.00 – $21.00 per hr.
*Please forward resumes with cover letter to: